Our approach of home healthcare
We are convinced that Value-based Healthcare is the best way forward. In that perspective, personalization of care is key to improve the quality of live of chronic patients at the best cost for the society.
This means a paradigm shift, with the choice of the most appropriate resources to meet the specific needs of each patient and thus deliver better health outcomes and quality of life for each person cared for, at a lower cost to the community.
Although home healthcare plays an essential role in the care pathway for people living with a chronic disease, its model is under threat:
- from the continuing erosion of reimbursement rates,
- the costs associated with a regulatory model that is not adapted to patients' individual needs,
- the adoption of new technologies.
Our difference: the Value-based Healthcare approach
We are convinced that the value-based approach is the only one capable of meeting the current challenges facing healthcare systems and ensuring their sustainability. Our patient-centered approach is at the heart of our VBHC ambition and aims to improve patient outcomes at the best cost to society, thus contributing to a more efficient and virtuous system:
- Patients at the center: At Air Liquide Healthcare, we see patients as people who should be at the heart of everything caregivers do. Putting the patient at the centre will allow us to focus on value and what really matters to them.
- Patients are more than their illness: Even when patients are suffering from chronic conditions, they still want to get on with their lives as normally as possible. After all, patients are people with specific expectations.
Personalized care, not standard care
Air Liquide Healthcare’s combined human and digital approach allows us to offer more personalised care plans. Too often, standardized care does not match what patients really value and their specific needs.
Better allocation of care, not more care
We want to offer quality of care over quantity of services. By allocating resources to services that are adding value, we deliver more valuable and cost-efficient care plans. This makes healthcare more sustainable and affordable in the long term.
Partnership as a preference
Patients will really benefit from a Value-based Healthcare approach when all stakeholders come together around outcomes that matter to them. We cooperate closely with all healthcare professionals and institutions towards this objective.
Switching from fee-for-service to fee-for-value
In a service-based system, providers are required to charge a fee-for-service. At Air Liquide Healthcare, we believe that the system should pay for what is beneficial to achieve patient outcomes, with new reimbursement models based on fee-for-value.